1 No - Boned Leg of lamb
2 cloves - Chopped Garlic
2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
2 tbsp - Lemon Juice
4 tbsp -
1/2 tsp -
Salt to taste
2 tbsp - Oil
6 nos - Green Cardamoms
1 no -
3 nos - Dried Red Chilly
1 tbsp - Coriander Seeds
Cooking Instructions :
- Grind the green cardamoms, cinnamon, red chili and coriander seeds into a fine mix. Keep aside.
- Wash the meat and dry it. Prick all over with a sharp knife and cut into 1 ½ inch cubes.
- Put the garlic, coriander leaves, lemon juice and yogurt into a liquidiser or food processor and blend until smooth. Add the salt, turmeric and the ground ingredients.
- Put the meat into a bowl and add the liquidised ingredients.
- Mix throughly, cover and leave to marinate for 6-8 hours (or overnight in the refrigerator).
- Preheat grill to high. Line the grill pan with a piece of aluminium foil (this will reflect heat and also keep your grill pan clean).
- Thread meat onto skewers leaving about ¼-inch gap between each piece.
- Mix any remaining marinade with the oil and keep aside.
- Place the skewers on the prepared grill and pan and grill the kababs for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and grill for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Brush the kababs with the oil/marinade mixture and grill for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and brush the kababs with the remaining oil/marinade mixture. Grill for a further 6-8 minutes.
- Garnish with thinly sliced onion rings, crisp lettuce leaves and wedges of cucumber.